Sometimes in a car crash, there can be multiple parties liable for its cause. This means that if the victim gets injured he/she can recover compensation from all the parties responsible for the car crash.
When and How Multi-Vehicle Car Crashes Happen?
Several points of impact may include multi-vehicle car wrecks which result in severe injuries and even death. Some very common cause of multi-vehicle crashes include:
- Distracted Driving: There are higher chances that drivers who are distracted cause multiple vehicle accidents. Distraction can be anything like using mobile, talking to the passenger, eating, drinking, or adjusting GPS or radio.
- Tailgating: Driver who don’t keep a safe distance from other vehicles and have to apply to slow down or apply brakes in very little time if the vehicle ahead of them has to stop suddenly. This may cause a chain reaction of multiple vehicles hitting each other.
- Impaired Driving: Drivers are less alert when they are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. In such a condition they may not be able to quickly react to something going on ahead of their vehicle.
- Speeding: Driving at a high speed causes loss of vehicle control and rear-end collisions which result in multiple vehicles smash if they don’t stop. The risk is much higher when multi-vehicle collide on the interstate when they are traveling above 50m/hr.
- Drowsy Driving: When drivers are fatigued or drowsy they may doze off behind the steering wheel and this maximizes the chances of a dangerous vehicle collision.
- Weather Conditions: often multi-vehicle wreck is the result of bad weather conditions such as high winds, snow, rain, or fog. A multiple-vehicle crash may happen when any of these factors are combined with the recklessness of the driver.
Get In Touch With An Experienced Legal Professional
If you got injured in a crash involving multiple vehicles then this personal injury case is different. You then need to contact a qualified lawyer to guide you about your case. Get in touch with the Stockton car accident attorney to know about your legal options.
Liability for Multi-Vehicle Accidents
In case the accident happens two or more vehicles are involved in the crash then the liability falls on multiple drivers. The driver who initiated the crash is often liable for most of the fault. However, the rest of the drivers are also responsible for over speeding or any other form of recklessness discussed above if found guilty.
If the accident is the result of any form of negligence discussed earlier, the victim is eligible for damage compensation including lost wages, medical bills, and property damage.
As these cases are complicated so claimant needs to hire a skilled lawyer to investigate the case and represent you in court. You will be immediately offered a settlement by the insurance company.
Do not trust such offers as the case needs time for the investigation to access liability. Contact the lawyer as they are prepared to seek out video footage of the accident, consulting medical experts, study the vehicle damage as well as interview witnesses to find out the fault.